Hospice Company looking for a full-time Billing Specialist to join our rapidly growing team. This position is responsible for electronically billing all third-party patient claims, including processing rejections, posting insurance payments, performing monthly patient statement billing and itemized billings as requested.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in medical billing.
- Understanding in utilizing various billing software applications.
- Preferred one (1) year of previous healthcare related billing experience.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate data entry of payments received from third party payers.
- Timely processing of all rejected and denied claims submitted to third party payers.
- Claim Adjudication.
- Ability to work with EOB or EOP CPT AND ICD 10.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts from insurance carriers with database and submit to supervisor at the end of the workday.
- Enters pertinent patient information/details in the Health Center database completely and accurately.
- Use problem solving skills to follow up on commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid denials.
- Answer phones when necessary.
- Report to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the supervisor.
- The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.