Cassandra Database Consultant
Hyderabad | Hybrid| #LI-RemoteWhy you?
Are you an experienced Canadian based Cassandra DBA? Are you passionate about planning, designing and implementing new solutions? Do you enjoy evaluating existing solutions and helping to build automation tooling and processes to improve systems? Do you want to be part of an open source databaseteamthat will give you the opportunity to work with multiple database systems, as well as the infrastructures supporting complex, distributed systems including cloud infrastructure, configuration management, orchestration and continuous delivery platforms? Working as a Cassandra DBC at Pythian can hone your skills, helping you to grow your role, with a breadth of knowledge in platforms and technologies that few professionals can boast of! If you Love Your Data and enjoy solving complex technical problems and want to Love your career then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- As a Cassandra Database Consultant at Pythian, your primary focus will be on project work, debugging performance degradations, audits, and health checks.
- Once trained in, you will be included on a third tier on call rotation with other Consultants to respond to escalations and you will be expected to provide training and mentoring to junior team members.
- Designing and helping implement new Cassandra deployments
- Evaluating existing clusters and provide recommendations on best practices
- Debugging high priority issues on mission critical production environments
- Be involved with Cassandra community through user lists, irc, blog posts, webinars, and open source projects
- Contributing to rapid brainstorming, designing and developing of prototypes
- Automating and providing documentation on operational procedures
- Training and mentoring junior team members
- Providing performance and forecast reports on the health and load of critical business processes to help ensure the infrastructure has adequate capacity
- Participating in company, and team meetings
What do we need from you?
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Solr, HBase, Hadoop, or Riak. Cassandra experience preferred
- Experience with at least one programing language such as Java, Go, C#, C++, Ruby, or Python. Java preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience of web applications, distributed systems and databases
- Experience with multiple orchestration and configuration management systems
- Familiar with multiple monitoring/alerting and metric collection systems
- Continuous integration and automation practices
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total rewards package with an annual bonus
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with our substantial training allowance; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: Why commute? Work remotely from your home (forever), there’s no daily travel requirement to an office! You can be located anywhere in Canada, all you need is a stable internet connection.
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, and an annual budget to personalise your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 370 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Cassandra DBC; live and work in Canada; love your data and want to love your career then join us!DisclaimerFor this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.Love Your Data is a registered trademark of Pythian Services Inc.No recruitment agencies