1. Handling the daily activities of the manager or the executive they are working for. This includes handling phone calls, meetings and appointments.
2. Apart from these responsibilities, this job also demands to take care of small yet, important matters like managing the accounts, checking on the stationery, writing minutes, taking dictations and so on.
3. Many times, a personal assistant is also expected to handle unofficial work of the principal, which usually happens in case of ministers, millionaires, or movie stars.
4. Keeping the boss updated about the recent updates like emails, letters and information of similar nature.
5. Preparing correspondence on behalf of the boss.
6. In case the job involves traveling, a personal assistant is expected to make all the necessary arrangements and accompany the boss, if it is required.
Personal assistants may not need education beyond a high school diploma.
High school graduates with some experience in an executive support role may already have the skills needed to become a personal assistant, but completing a certification program in a related field may increase their chances of employment.