The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist will assist with all of our Search Engine Optimization efforts.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work independently on all aspects of SEO, including research, strategy and implementation, to enhance the natural search ranking for and our other web properties and blogs.
- Work in developing SEO best practices and strategy for web search, social media, viral marketing, local search, images and video for our various sites and blogs.
- Consult with the Marketing Team to maximize SEO benefits when implementing our marketing initiatives.
- Work with internal Content and Marketing Teams to develop internal and external links through a variety of marketing efforts.
- Monitor site performance using Google Webmaster Tools to identify site issues, such as crawl errors and 404 pages. Communicate with Content and Programming Teams to resolve issues.
- Monitor, track and report on SEO performance and trends.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years experience developing and implementing SEO initiatives.
- Experience in offpage SEO, including social media marketing, link bait and viral marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of local search; experience working with Google Places/Maps, Bing Local, Yelp, FourSquare and other portals.
Knowledge of advanced search queries, SEO tools and automated methods for site and page analysis, link analysis and website visibility, including Google and Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Open Site Explorer, Page Analyzers, link research tools, Wordtracker and AdWords Keyword Research Tool, etc.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytics packages, ability to employ strategies based on data collected from analytics. Coremetrics experience a plus.
- Excellent communication, project management and prioritization skills.
- Personnel computer, DSL connection and power alternative.