Network Administrator at Research & Development Engineering Company, Pakistan
Dec 26, 2012
Jan 5, 2013
1. Deploy and build new / existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
2. Implement, manage, and troubleshoot existing network and system environment. Provide administration, operation management, and support for all computer systems, workstations.
3. Perform frequent server checks and implement patches on servers also applying operating system updates patches, and configuration changes.
4. Troubleshoot and resolve software, operating system, and networking problems both server and hardware and also resolve day to day issues of software’s.
5. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
6. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary etc.
1. University graduate in information technology (IT) and a minimum of 2 years verifiable experience/track record in an IT related support position with in-depth knowledge of PCs, Laptops, Servers, IP Networks (LAN/WAN) preferred; however, experience may substitute for education.
2. MCSE qualification preferred.
3. Must have a concrete knowledge about Remote users Administration.
4. In-depth working knowledge of backend enterprise applications based primarily on Microsoft architectures (MS-Exchange, Microsoft Operations Manager, Systems Management Server, SQL Server).
5. Theoretical and hands-on experience with Windows servers (especially Windows Server 2003) and respective services/applications (Active Directory, File-/Print services, Backup/Recovery, VPN, LDAP, Mail/Web server, Exchange Server 2003.
6. Sound understanding and experience in IT security principles, practices, standards, methodologies and tools
7. Strong understanding and some experience in data management (includes notions of data and systems backup and recovery, tiered storage, archiving)etc.