Last date to apply: 30th October 2022
What is Manager Operative Logistics?
Manager Operative Logistics will be working closely with Technology and Business functions to manage and support end-to-end delivery of supplies and material for Network amp; Business Operations.
The role reports directly to the ‘Head of Supply Chain Management Jazz’ with an extended team of 01 team member.
What will Manager Operative Logistics do?
- Responsible for overseeing the entire logistic operations. This includes everything starting from IC/LC issuance to suppliers followed by shipping arrangements, local custom clearance and ensuring safe deliveries at warehouses amp; network sites.
- Partner with suppliers to ensure best freight rates, accurate movements, and arrival of goods within required timeframe and projected timelines.
- Manages the import/export process and ensures compliance with all required government laws and licensing regulations.
- Administer the documentation processes required to import and export materials and supplies.
- Must have in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of Incoterms, Telecom industry related HS Codes amp; tariff, customs rules amp; regulations and other related requirements for global/local shipping and customs clearance.
- Resolves complex issues related to import/export that have been escalated and expedites solutions.
- Have strong knowledge of industry related regulatory issues, legal cases and have a capability to handle them efficiently.
- Directing, coordinating, planning and overseeing tasks and operations involving logistics and transportation activities.
- Monitor the shipment status closely with suppliers, agents and transporters and make sure on time deliveries.
- Performance Management and governance of vendor performance as per logistics KPI’s including development of new KPIs.
- Continually seeking to improve productivity and efficiency through the development of processes, controls by analyzing the logistics reports.
- Providing analysis and strategic insight to senior management on a proactive and as-requested basis
- Work as an internal expert center for all logistics, duty/taxes related matters within the organization.
- Building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies, banks, shipping companies, suppliers etc.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Manager Operative Logistics?
- Master’s Degree (Preferably MBA Supply Chain amp; Logistics) with related certifications from any international accreditation body.
- 6-8 years of experience in international logistics amp; Custom Clearance. Telecom Sector is highly preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of the function and departmental processes including of WeBOC and PSW.
- Excellent numerical skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Detail knowledge of Invest to Capitalize amp; Source to Pay Processes
- Self-driven and able to work without supervision
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.