The J2EE Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of a variety of software solutions in addition to modifying and maintaining existing software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure adherence to engineering processes such as code reviews, source control, unit testing, use case analysis, defect management.
- Strong proficiency in the J2EE APIs, particularly Java based application servers (e.g. BEA Web Logic, IBM Web Sphere) with EJBs, servlets, and JSP.
- The Software Engineer is also responsible for writing comments in their source files.
- Developing existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals.
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Working knowledge of multi-tier line of business applications.
- Ability to design and write code to meet user requirements without supervision.
- Knowledge of design artifacts, including class, sequence, and component diagrams.
- Strong working knowledge in J2EE, EJB, JSP, XML, DHTML, Hibernate, Spring, Struts, Messaging and Web Services.
- Strong working knowledge with relational databases - preferably MS SQL Server and Oracle
- Authentication and authorization concepts.
- Experience with Application Servers such as Weblogic and Websphere.
- Knowledge of SQL, AJAX, JSF.
- Good communication ability, analytical skills and a highly professional attitude are essential, as there will be substantial business contact with end-users on the Trading Floor and in the Operations area.
At least 2 Years
At least Graduate (Computer Science)