Note! Apply link will take you to an external website.
Senior Software Engineer
As mentioned in job details
Feb 24, 2023
Mar 24, 2023
- Be responsible for development amp; support of the core platform
- To pick and resolve tickets these within Service Levels. If not resolvable then escalated the ticket to Level 3 Support.
- Progress work tasks on a day-to-day basis as assigned by the team leader
- Use established work processes and procedures conductive with and in line with application management best practice
- Provide initial 1st line technical support to clients to normal business hours then gradually on a rolling 24 * 7 basis, including the provision of emergency support
- Provision of on-site / off-site support to client to manage installation and QA testing of the Idenfo application
- Understanding of functional aspects of the Idenfo platform to manage front end configuration changes under the direction of either the customer or an Idenfo business analyst
- Ensure regular acquisition and transfer of application knowledge from the wider development team
- Ensure that the core applications and interface performance is monitored effectively and take appropriate timely action to reduce outages and client impacts.
- Support packaging and deployment of new software upgrades into client UAT, Production and DR environments
- Support the provisioning of new infrastructure solutions as required from time to time by the wider development team
- Lead the deployment of new infrastructure upgrades into client UAT, Production and DR environments, and testing environments as required, allowing for on-premise installations as required.
- Essential o 4-5 years technically as part of a Level 1 or 2 application support/development team o Docker containers with Swarm and Bitbucket code repository or similar o Detailed working knowledge of Node.js, VueJs, Express Framework, NGiNX, Python and supporting frameworks, Ubuntu/Linux, MongoDB o Understanding of microservices architecture o Designing, developing and integrating APIs o Agile development experience, and ability to provide good quality documentation o Hands on experience of application support ideally at a Bank and/or Private Cloud or AWS o Ability to communicate technical problems in a business-like way o Passion, drive, energy and an ability to think outside the box Desirable o Evidence of transfer of knowledge best practice from development teams to support teams. o Knowledge of advanced technologies such as soft robotics and machine learning o On-site experience at a client site while working for a vendor organisation o Knowledge of/Exposure Financial Services
Information Technology and Services - Karachi, Pakistan