A Senior Software Engineer for Java is an associate at Creative Chaos who is mainly responsible for developing server applications of various software platforms including but not limited to writing Restful APIs to be consumed by client applications. A senior software engineer makes sure that the functionality, security and performance of the server application is as per the design and is completely bug free. Senior engineers have a responsibility to mentor their juniors and build team strength through training.
Duties amp; Responsibilities
- Analyze business requirements
- Estimate assigned tasks
- Write code and unit tests
- Collaborate with other team members
- Tune your code for enhanced security and performance
- Maintain systems by fixing any existing issues
- Update issue tracking software
- Provide status updates
- Communicate with client
- Control versions of your code
- Research new technologies
- Lead a team of software engineers
- Mentor team members through training and guidance
- Upgrade skills and knowledge
- Evaluate candidates for open positions
- BS degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar relevant field
- Minimum 3-7 years of related experience in the professional industry.
- 3-7 years of experience in Spring Boot amp; Hibernate.
- Good knowledge of MicroServices.
- Experience working with tools like Git, Maven, JFrog, UDeploy.
- Expertise developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using MicroServices, with demonstrable production-scale experience.
- Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in Unix and Windows environments.
- Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
- Strong Shell scripting experience.
- Must have experience with PostgreSQL as DB Engine, deployed on AWS
- Working experience with Relational DB Skills for PostgreSQL + Terraforms.
- Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play.
- Strong agile/scrum development experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Health Insurance
- Training and Development
- Life Insurance
- Exchange Program
- Paid Certifications