The Manager, Internal Audit is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory related audits/reviews of Shahzad Hammad Traders. A secondary role is to provide advice on internal control to SHT Direct management, including responding to questions on risk management techniques.
· Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
· Coordinates work with Risk, Legal and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
· Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
· Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
· Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
· Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
· Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards. · Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
· Acts as primary client liaison within Internal Audit for one or more VPs / division heads.
· Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal SHT policies.
· Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
· Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within SHT.
· Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g. Basel III, OSFI Guidelines, market risk, financial instruments, etc.)
· Provide feedback on performance of Internal Auditors, on audit assignments, as applicable.
· Excellent knowledge of banking/financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
· Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards · Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
· Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO.
· Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture
· A post-secondary degree preferably in business or finance also CIA certified
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, and Visio, Preferable to have experience with ERP and SAP software.