Position Title: Finance Officer, Pakistan
Reports to/Position Title: Manager Finance Admin. & HR, Pakistan
Date prepared: December 3rd 2014
2. Organizational Information and broad function of the position: Organization is a Swiss based International not-for-profit organization, with more than 75 years of work history in around 12 Countries. The programmatic areas of work are Decent Work, Governance, Humanitarian Aid, WASH, Livelihood, and Child Protection. The broad function of this position is to support the Manager Finance Admin. & HR for smooth operations of finance unit in the Country, and primarily responsible for implementation of strong internal controls, adhering to financial SOPs.
1. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities of the Finance Officer are:
Petty Cash and Bank Management:
Coordination and Communication:
2. Supervisory Responsibilities:· Finance Assistant (based in Islamabad)· 2 Field Finance Assistants
3. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:· Masters degree in Finance, Accounts or equivalent. · At least 5 years of practical work experience with NGOs, preferably INGOs (working in emergencies) at similar position.· Knowledge of compliance requirements for major donors with the proven ability to establish compliance systems.· Demonstrated ability in financial reporting, usage of accounting software.· Expert level skills in usage of MS Excel and other office applications.
4. Language Skills:· Strong communications skills (oral and written). · Fluency in English both reading and writing is a prerequisite.
5. Travel Requirements:· Frequent travel to Field Areas (about 10-15%).
6. Other Specific Skill Requirements:· Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of people.
7. How to ApplyInterested candidates are requested to please submit their CV by December 15th, 2014, mentioning title of position in the subject line. Application should include:1) An updated CV; and
2) A cover letter which should include your suitability for the position, contact information for two work-related references and salary requirements.