The position encompasses carrying out business development activities; networking with current and prospective clients, developing relationships, improve client experience and ultimately find new business opportunities. Ensuring the satisfaction of walk-in customers. In short a retail manager’s role is to run a showroom successfully by handling a wide range of activities including sales, business development stock & management. Working in the showroom, he / she is in constant contact with their customers and staff. Ensuring their staff gives great customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality products.
2. Touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
3. Responsible for maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets.
4. Responsible for preparing promotional materials and displays.
5. Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales. This activity also involves analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning.
6. Retain existing customers and develop new customer base.
7. Initiating changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours in liaison with Manager HR & Admin to ensure the showroom can compete effectively in the local market.
8. Dealing with customer queries and complaints and initiate appropriate actions.
9. Responsible for overseeing pricing and stock control.
10. Responsible for maintaining statistical and financial records.
11. Complete special projects as required by the General Manager BD.
12. Dealing with staffing issues in liaison with Manager HR & Admin such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or training and development.
13. Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
14. Responsible for organizing special promotions, displays and events.
15. Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
16. managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
17. Control and monitor all operational activities of showroom including, but not limited to general management, cleanliness, repair / maintenance etc.
18. Assign tasks to showroom staff and monitor their activities.
1. Must possess bachelors degree, but preference will be given to master degree holders from HEC recognized universities in management sciences.
2. Must have minimum 3-5 years of similar experience in handling retail outlet / showroom. Fully qualified and experience in showroom sales.
3. Must posses pleasant & confident personality.
4. Good communication, organizational, IT and presentation skills are required.5. Proficient in dealing with clients demands and can handle customer complaints efficiently.