Technical sales engineer will be responsible to use their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
(S)he will assist colleagues with bids and tenders for new clients from a technical perspective. Our clients are usually technical staff from non-retail organisations, such as factories, public utility providers, local authorities and real estate community.
The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a particular product or service.Technical sales engineers will be the key point of contact for clients and provide both pre and after-sales advice.
They will liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as;
- And senior company managers
The tasks to be carried out by technical sales engineers includes (but not limited to):
- Searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximizing client potential in designated regions;
- Developing long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements;
- Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- Negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs;
- Calculating client quotations and administering client accounts;
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education;
- Working on after-sales support services and providing technical back up as required;
- Arranging and carrying out product training;
- Analysing costs and sales;
- Preparing reports for head office and keeping customer records;
- Meeting regular sales targets and coordinating sales projects;
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events;
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and senior management;
- Helping in the design of custom-made products/solutions;
- Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team;
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events;
- Contributing to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.