Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location; DHA Phase 5 Karachi, Pakistan
The Staff Accountant is a key team member responsible for monthly closings, financial reports, and supporting corporate accounting functions. This role involves maintaining accurate financial statements, collaborating with colleagues, and managing various accounting activities. Strong interpersonal skills are essential for client and team interactions
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of monthly and year-end financial information.
- Collaborates with the other accounting and operations staff to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from ownership groups, regulatory agencies, Accounting Supervisors, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Assist with the year-end audit process.
- Ensures that all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Work with other Accounting staff to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the development of processes for recording and reporting.
- Support Accounting Supervisors with special projects.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting is desired. Accounting experience may be substituted for education.
- One to three years of experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in multi-family real estate, specifically affordable housing, is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting. Experience with MRI, YARDI or other large, automated accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word (Access is a plus).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.