- To perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- To perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
-To perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- To perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- To create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- To provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
-To repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Knowledge of Hardware and Software (above average)