1. Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
2. Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
3. Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
4. Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
5. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
6. Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support. overall department goals and objectives.
8. Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
9. Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
10. Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
11. Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
12. Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
13. Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
14. Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
15. Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with large automated accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Peach Tree, Quick Book