The Planning Engineer is required to develop the project plan and site activities plan, in conjunction with the Project Manager, in order to ensure the project is completed timely, safely, and within budget. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Schedules plans and oversees the entire program of work/projects.
• Plans organize and coordinate planning activities. • Selects the most appropriate techniques and logical sequence of activities to complete project scope • Inputs the work breakdown structure information in means to assess an accurate forecast on time, resources and cash flow of the project
• Sets up alerts for all important contractual and milestone dates
• Verifies critical path and interfaces between design/ engineering/ procurement / execution
• Monitors progress periodically and compare it with the baseline planning
• Updates the schedule based on inputs received from the project team
• Prepares the fortnightly Progress reports
• Develop KPI report on a fortnightly basis
• A weekly update of all Gantts and maintaining live plans
• Resource planning meeting and suggestions
• Develop and update resource histogram monthly basis or as required.
• Develop and implement plan versus actual progress charts (histograms/S curves). Reports and analyses deviations from the plan
• Analyze gaps between the planned and actual progress and highlight the areas of concern which required the action of the associate task member.
• Perform probabilistic analysis of completion dates and potential alternatives. Present risk-based analysis of most likely completion and expected deviation range.
• Prepare and update three weeks and three months look-ahead schedule that reflects the priority activities
• Liaises with all team leaders and/or members to communicate required completion dates and interface between functional team/operational team and project team.
• Participate all meeting (i.e. schedule review meeting, progress meeting, coordination meeting, and so on).
• Capable of identifying the work logic related to containment, cable laying, termination, the dependence of work on other parties.
• Capable of skillfully identifying, recording and presenting all causes of delay both internal and external.
• Excellent documentation and communication skills in order to obtain correct progress at the site, finding out the true hurdles, communicating this internally as well as externally to the client. Qualifications:
• B.E in Electrical engineering, Masters in project management or any other relevant programs.
• PMP or any relevant certification will be an additional edge.
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in planning of medium to large scale projects
• Strong familiarity with project management software, such as project professional and Primavera
Requirement: Need a Planning engineer proficient in P-6 or MS projects
Interested candidates can share their profile at [email protected] with planning engineer in subject.