SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: All Program Staff
Muhammadan Education and Research Association is a Not for Profit Organization (NPO) setup under Section 42 of Companies Ordinance 1984 and registered with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) as a Company limited by guarantee. The promoters of the Association has started their work in year 2007 and the Association was incorporated in year 2008, with primary objective of providing free of cost quality educational facilities in the country.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Assistant Program Officer will be the responsible for managing a range of technical, administrative, and logistical support services to the Project Officer. This person will be responsible for project reporting, proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation, and as well as donor liaison. This individual will also provide overall supervision to the program team in Mansehra. Since this position has a strong focus on the development of MERAS programs both in terms of enhancing the quality of existing activities and ensuring the development of new programs.
The Assistant Program Officer will be required to travel frequently to the field offices. This will ensure that development of program and partnerships with donors and other organizations are relevant and of good-quality over the long-term.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES % OF TIME
- Shall be responsible for project proposal writing of different on going as well as future projects of the organization himself or by other concerned staff and submit them to donor with in time frame after the Program Officer review.
- Be the main focal point for program development, including liaising with donors, and ensure the production of high quality, appropriate, and innovative proposals according to donor requirements.
- When needs assessments are completed, make sure that the information for concept notes and proposals is gathered and put into a format, with narrative, that is understandable to the donor.
- Shall be responsible for taking reports from all different projects in regional office and present the final report to the Program Officer.
- Provide technical support to program staff in data collection, program development, proposal writing, grant tracking, monitoring and evaluation, measuring and reporting progress against indicators.
- Research and assist the regional office team to develop strategies for increasing the ownership and ability of local/national organizations to do strong programming so that MERAS can eventually get the partnership in local and national projects.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Assist Program Officer in the management, monitoring and evaluation of MERAS programs.
- Standardize and update monitoring and evaluation systems to include best practices.
- Develop tools and/or plans to help teams in the implementation and development of their programs.
- Produce high-quality and analytical program reports that highlight program activities, especially in relation to indicators of project proposals.
Representation and Coordination
- Manage relevant staff and conduct training and performance management activities, as necessary.
- Assist Program Officer in the identification of funding opportunities and developing relationships with donors.
- Represent MERAS in meetings with local authorities, donors, and other members of the humanitarian community.
- Attend cluster meetings, as appropriate and other coordination forums, to coordinate with international and national organizations.
Master with B.ed or M.ed, Experience in Report and project proposal writing, good language and computer skills.