We’re looking for an experienced web software developer to join the Superdesk Publisher team, our publishing management system for professional news organisations. You will be helping to maintain the current version and contribute to significant future development through our work with clients and the community.
Our headquarters are in Prague, however, we’re a distributed company with most employees working remotely from places around the globe. We welcome applicants from any location although being based in Prague or Belgrade would be a plus.
We offer you the opportunity to.
- Work on meaningful open source projects. You will get exposure in the wider open source development world, your code will live on and can be reused by others, and you can show your work to others in the future.
- Build applications that make the world a better place and work on client projects that are highly recognised.
- Work with a great team: we are international, friendly, and enthusiastic, have years of open source experience, and your manager understands the software development process.
- Work in a kind of light-agile software development environment that allows you to improve your skills and keep up with the latest development technology; we all enjoy learning from each other.
- Have your voice heard and considered in the decision-making processes in the company.
What we're looking for from you:
- You have a computer science degree or you’ve professionally worked on software projects, particularly web app development, for at least 3 years
- You are fluent in English.
- You know how to Get Stuff Done (TM).
- You have been growing your skills continuously through your career.
- You like to create easy-to-use web interfaces and can think like a user.
- You like to think and offer opinions on both UI and code design decisions
- You are a team player and have a strong work ethic.
- You are excited about open source software.
- You primarily need to be a rockstar software developer and understand web app development. The following skills are also nice to have:
- 3+ years of commercial experience with a proven track record of building web applications, and services ideally using the Symfony framework.
- Very good knowledge of PHP 7+
- Symfony 4+, Twig
- Experience with Doctrine
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL databases
- Knowledge of BDD, TDD (Behat, PHPSpec, PHPUnit)
- Experience with Docker, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Redis
- A SOLID approach to code quality.
You should have full knowledge of the software development life cycle and should know how to make rough estimates quickly based on business requirements, and make detailed estimates after technical design is complete.
You can compose technical specifications and architecture as well as review the specs of others and provide useful feedback. You have a passion to see code that is maintainable, readable, minimal, correct, documented, modular, and good looking. You know what good practices are in software development, especially when working as part of a team.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Send us your resume and cover letter via email to jobs AT sourcefabric DOT org . It would be appreciated if you also send code samples and screenshots in addition to your CV.