**THIS IS A REMOTE JOB - FULL TIME**
**OPEN TO ALL, AS PER BELOW JD**
Candidates will be working on the next generation of our client’s cloud-based software products. They are transitioning from traditional Java Windows applications to modern HTML applications as part of modernization of their product master data product suite and migration to the public cloud. The candidate will develop the next generation of their cloud-based products using the latest JEE best practices with experience on JDK 1.8+ and EJB technologies. Experience with Scrum management methodologies is highly desired.
Position Objectives and Responsibilities
- Work with development leads to design, develop, and document software features
- Help drive rigor in the design and development process
- Produce high-level and detailed design documentation
- Undertake technical research including evaluation of new software, tools and techniques
- Maintain a working knowledge of web development tools and frameworks used
- Ensure compliance with coding standards and code design patterns
- Estimate development work effort
- Hands-on application development thorough unit and integration testing of all code developed
- Perform regular code reviews to ensure the high quality of code delivered
- Mentoring Junior Developers
- Maintain existing system / technical documentation and create new content where applicable
- Advance knowledge of Java/J2EE
- Strong working knowledge and experience on the spring framework across different modules
- Strong experience on Java /J2EE design patterns
- Strong database design and programming skills (JDBC, SQL)
- Strong knowledge of XML related standards and technologies
- Strong experience using web based technologies to build products involving creating workflows similar to Microsoft Visio etc. or BPM based products
- Knowledge of performance issues in relation to both Java and database design
- 5-10 years’ experience developing Java/JEE commercial enterprise applications with strong back end experience
- At least 5 years of experience in enterprise software application development
- Proven experience with development, configuration and deployment to the J2EE application server e.g. JBOSS
- Proven experience managing interdependent tasks
- System design and architectural experience
- Experience working with Waterfall and Scrum Methodologies
- Proven practical experience with test driven development or behavior driven development
- Experience developing for large scale real-time 24x7 systems
- Proven ability in performing code reviews
- Extensive experience in providing estimates
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and accurately while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to review key processes to achieve continuous improvement and the innovation of products and services.
- Ability to predict or detect problems in the area of responsibility.
- Ability to generate new/innovative but effective solutions to problems.
- Interpersonal and Teamwork
- Ability to work productively with other staff.
- Ability to maintain particular sensitivity and tact when dealing with external parties/customers.
- Ability to write in a structured and logical way.
- Ability to comprehend and synthesize written material from many sources promptly.
- Ability to communicate effectively when speaking with individuals and groups.
- Ability to negotiate solutions with parties outside one's department.
- We offer 30USD to 50USD per hour depends on your interview. Required 40 hours per week minimum.