Unitas Communications is looking for an experienced Strategic Communications Manager!
Unitas Communications is a specialist public relations, reputation management and digital communications agency, specialising in the communications interface between the Islamic and Western Worlds.
Operating from London, Doha, Jeddah, Islamabad, and Washington DC, Unitas has a proven track record of delivering integrated PR strategies that bridge the communications gap between cultures and communities on a local and international scale.
This is a great opportunity for a Strategic Communications Management professional to join an expanding and ambitious company in a varied and exciting role.
This position will require working very closely with both directors on an ever expanding number of exciting projects for very high calibre global clients. The Strategic Communications Manager needs to be a highly adaptable individual, ready and willing to tackle a vast range of high-interest, high-visibility topics in a creative and thought provoking way.
The ideal candidate must have a strong project management experience. Experience working in the planning department of a media and/or communications organization is preferable. Experience in PR and/or the press is a plus.
Some of the task include but are not limited to:
- Tracking staff and their activity, both regionally and internationally
- Tracking and managing deliverables, progress and deadlines across all of our projects
- Liaising with the international team
- Developing and implementing PR & Communications plans
- Managing and engaging with media enquiries
- Delivering engaging copy, press releases, articles, etc.
- Overseeing the production of various types of media content
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism or any Media related field
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with all types of media
- Good understanding of strategic and political communications
- Both internal and external communications experience
- Proven track record on creating and/or managing communications campaigns
- Capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Highly proactive with a desire to own projects from start to finish